Subject Re: unavailable database
Author sgharp
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 01:19 AM 22/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >The server is definitely running. I've never installed Superserver,
> >only Classic. I did not preserve my conf files before uninstalling
> >the old and installing the new (didn't know I was supposed too). I'll
> >pull those off my last backup tape.
> >
> >BTW, what do you mean by "path-only". Can you give me an example?
> >I'm using FB locally.
>
> Trying to connect without including the server in the connect
> string. Classic will not accept connections via the IPServer local
> protocol, you must use the localhost (TCP/IP local loopback) server.

I've uninstalled Firebird and completely deleted the Firebird folder.
I then re-installed Firebird, stopped the service, and restored the
conf files and the security.fdb from backup. I then restarted the
service and still get the error. When I try to open a database in
IBExpert or any of my programs, I get an error "Unsuccessful execution
caused by an unavailable resource. unavailable database."

Note that this is a system where Firebird has been working flawlessly
for more than a year. The only thing I did to cause this was to
uninstall Firebird and try to install a newer version. Now, I can't
even get the original version to work.

What should I look for?

Steve