Subject AW: [firebird-support] Wildcard for Firebird
Author Alexander Gräf

Maybe the user inserted a ' char. This would yield the following:

SELECT FROM Table WHERE Description LIKE 'Hello'%';

This would yield the error you have described (I've checked it):

fmSQLEditor.Query:
Invalid token.
Dynamic SQL Error.
SQL error code = -104.
Token unknown - line 2, char 45.
%.

You should use parameters, and pass the users values, formated this way for example:

string ParamValue=String.Format("{1}%", SomethingTheUserWrote);
getCmd.AddParameter(ParamValue...);

_Never ever_ build SQL directly from users input, even if you are using some kind of escaping function. Simply use parameters, and let the .NET-Provider do the dirty work of filtering SQL injections out.

Cheers