Subject Re: [firebird-support] Windows O/S Config for 50-user system
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At January 20, 2005, 07:08, Alan McDonald wrote:

>> IIS does *NOT* require windows server CALs.
>> IIS connections are "free".
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steffen

> yes - so why is the wording "Internet Information Services" listed as a
> service which permits max 10 users, in the EULA?

Simple, if the access is done via the Internet and is unauthenticated,
then CALS are not required. But, for any authenticated access via
IIS, CALS are required.

And, Artur was right by disagreeing with me. The EULA doesn't go into
enough details, and can sometimes leave to open interpretation.

Here's the FAQ for the Windows licensing:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/priclicfaq.mspx

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail