Subject Re: [firebird-support] Should I worry about INET/inet_error ?
Author Dorian
I hope this help!
(From http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27663,00.html)

INET/inet_error: connect errno = 111 - by Borland Developer Support Staff

Abstract: Why the error "INET/inet_error: connect errno = 111" is
entered in the interbase.log file.

Question: When I execute -start command with IBMGR the
server(SuperServer) successfully starts but in the interbase.log file
this message appears: INET/inet_error: connect errno = 111

Answer: After you execute the start command IBMGR immediately tries to
connect to isc4.gdb. This happens before the server is ready to accept
connections so it generates the error, "INET/inet_error: connect errno =
111". IBMGR will try again to connect to isc4.gdb and the usually the
server is ready to accept connections so the next entry in the log will
probably be, "/opt/interbase/bin/ibguard: guardian starting
bin/ibserver" indicating that the server has been successfully started.