Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: fbclient . dll
Author Sérgio Marcelo @ Smace . com . BR
I dont want to use this DLL. I want to have access to firebird server without using it.
NO DLL / NO SO. :-)

Sérgio Marcelo
smace at smace.com.br
ICQ# 127.683.347
MSN: smace at smace.com.br
Yahoo: smace_br | Skype: smace_br
Site: www.smace.com.br
Smace Soluções - Automação Comercial

----- Original Message -----
From: Adam
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 8:54 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: fbclient . dll

If the client machine has Firebird installed, you will not
specifically need to include fbClient.dll as it is located
in "C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin" or wherever you
installed firebird.

Why do you want to avoid using this library? It is much easier to
include the fbClient.dll in your applications folder than to worry
about installing firebird on every machine that runs your application
(ony if client-server, you obviously need firebird on your server).

Adam

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Sérgio Marcelo @ ...
<smace_br@y...> wrote:
> is there a way to avoid the use of fbclient.dll?
> Where is fbclient.dll in fb src?
>
> Sérgio

Yahoo! Groups Links