Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: FB, Delphi 7, IB components and transactions
Author Alan McDonald
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
>
> On Thursday, January 13, 2005, at 11:07PM, Svein Erling Tysvær
> <svein.erling.tysvaer@...> wrote:
>
> >> I am using FB 1.5.2, with Delphi 7 and the IB components. My
> >> question is, why when I insert a record into a table don't I see it
> >> in another running program?
> >
> >Probably because of transactions...
>
> I neglected to mention that this is a single user application
> that I am writing. Even still, I was running two instances of my
> test application to try and get a better idea as to what happens
> when dealing with transactions and which application can see what
> when the other makes a change to the database.

wait a second - you have single user - running embedded and then you run 2
instances????
you are running these two instances against the same physical datbase?
Can't be done - that's exactly what embedded stops you from doing. The first
instance of the app will get a connection to the database and lock out
any/all other attempts to conect to the database.
Alan