Subject RE: [firebird-support] Helen's Book
Author Richard Clarke
Nothing to do with Helen's book - I think I started the reply by
mistake.

Thanks anyway.

How do I stop the emails coming in for the time being ?

________________________________

From: Lucas Franzen [mailto:luc@...]
Sent: 05 January 2005 15:43
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Helen's Book

Richard,

> I can get the usernames from calling "gsec -display" from the DOS
> command prompt.
>
> I had to use "Set ISC_USER=SYSDBA" and "Set ISC_PASSWORD=masterkey" to
> get it working aswell.

No, you don't have to set the environment variable to do so.
You have to log in an appropriate way.

Type gsec -h to see all options.

In your case it's:

gsec -user SYSDBA -password masterkey ... (other options to follow here)

And: You can't get the existing passwords with gsec.

@Martijn:
What this has got to do with Helen's book?

I don't have a glimpse of a sligtest idea!

Luc.