Subject Re: [firebird-support] external functions in stored procedures
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:13 AM 2/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>I am trying to make use of the function 'floor' in a stored procedure.
>Specifically in a conditional. However fb returns an exception saying
>that the function is unknown. I am sure there is a solution to this, I
>just don't know what it is.

There are two things you have to do to use an external function:

1. Configure the server to look for the library (module) in a particular
location (1.5 and later). In firebird.conf, to use the ib_udf library in
its standard location, the parameter UDFAccess must be set. The default is
correct if you allowed ib_udf to be installed in the default location.

2. Declare the function to the database and commit. You will find the
declaration for floor() in the file ib_udf.sql.

./heLen