Subject RE: [firebird-support] Questions about FB file size limits
Author Mike Harbison
Hello,

I am using Firebird 1.5.1 and I had used all previous versions of
Firebird. My databases are in excess of 11Gigs.

Works great.

Mike.

_____

From: Daniel Rail [mailto:daniel@...]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 4:39 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Questions about FB file size limits

Hi,

At August 30, 2004, 15:45, Ivan Prenosil wrote:

>> Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902
>> I/O error for file "C:\DB1\Data.txt":
>> -Error while trying to open file
>> -The device does not recognize the command.

> I can confirm that I get the same error message
> when reading external file larger that 2 GB !

> (Firebird 1.5.0, WinXP, NTFS)

Then it's not an OS limitation, but a FB limitation. And, an error in
Helen's book, since she mentioned the limitation for external file
size on NTFS is 4GB. But, I'll not hold her accountable, since it
depends where she got the information. Although, I think the
limitation should be dealt with.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129sjg2vr/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
D=groups/S=1705115386:HM/EXP=1093984802/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*htt
p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
s/S=:HM/A=2319498/rand=801186877>

_____