Subject Re: synchronize data database tables
Author petesouthwest
First I have to say oh damn! Then: thanks Andy, I had quiet stupidly
overlooked the situation you describe, where two people change the
data on their home machines. I'm new to this sort of app and had
convinced myself (without too much thought) it would be ok :(

Can I get around this by having a field that corrisponded to the
persons userid or name, and then only exporting the
records 'belonging' to that person? That way when the new data is
imported it wont overwrite another user's changes. Or do I need to
do some form of date check on each record? (and therefore add a date
field?)

Thanks again for making me think properly about this.

Pete

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Andy Goodchild