Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: first , skip
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:58 AM 5/08/2004 +0000, you wrote:

> > This actual query works fine on an actual table in a database here:
> >
> > select first 10 skip 5 * from ff_transaction
> >
> > If you are querying multiple tables, then your first syntax is wrong
>(hence
> > the DSQL exception) and your second syntax, as part of a mixed-table
> > select, is correct. Fb 1.5 treats multi-table query specs (select
> > statements containing joins or subqueries) as ambiguous if they are not
> > fully qualified with consistent aliases, and rejects them.
> >
> > /heLen
>
> Thanks Helen
>
> The query is only on a single table.
> I also run it on ib_sql with mixed results
>
> If I run it via the Cursor tab then
> select first 10 skip 5 * from mytable
> is ok
>
> If I use the Query Forms or DSQL tab in ib_sql then
> I get a DSQL error as soon as I prepare the query

I can't reproduce what you report. ib_sql, v. 4.3Ab, Win2K, Fb 1.5.1:

1. A SELECT query returning multiple rows will never work on the DSQL
tab. It does not support datasets. You should see this error message:

ISC ERROR CODE:335544652

ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
multiple rows in singleton select

2. The query works fine on a Query Form.

So that begs the question: what is funny about your setup?

/heLen