Subject Re: Firebird Issues
Author delphic_viper
The app was written in Delphi, a pascal language. It is an inventory
and sales system. Throughought 8-12 hours time periods they run live
shows, entering new inventory, customers, work orders, and sales
orders. These sales orders are updated throughout the show as
customers add to their orders and the inventory system is updated as
items are added onto orders. As orders are taken and added to CC
payment info is taken and preauths are recorded on the cards. After
the show is complete every order meeting a predetermined sales
criteria are turned into invoices, an entirely different table,
payments are charged, and the status of the orders and invoices are
updated throughout this procedure. They run about 1,000 orders per
week. Every time an order is added to, or something is changed (i.e.
shipping, contact info, discounts), the order is recalculated and
posted to the DB. Slowness seems to occur when the DB size gets
above 100MB! The transaction deadlocks happen very sporradically, on
different tables throughout the DB. We use the Borland Database
Enigine (BDE). I obviously don't know as muh as I should about this!!

Thank You,
Branden Johnson

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@m...>