Subject Re: [firebird-support] Interbase 5.6 problem
Author Lester Caine
Helen Borrie wrote:

>>>I thought you were saying that the db HAS data but the backup restored does
>>>NOT.. ?
>>
>>The database SIZE is 79Mb, but only the metatdata is visible when
>>opening it. In theory the only way that people on site could blank it
>>should be backup metatdata only - but that would wipe the size when the
>>blank restore happened - creating a blank database.
>>
>>We are currently looking to what else is on the few machines connected
>>to the network. ( Should have had LogManager running here ;) )
>
> Have you had a look at a copy of the restored database on a machine that's
> out of the network? Maybe someone trashed isc4.gdb and/or deleted the
> sysdba and/or user privileges in rdb$user_privileges...

As soon as I restore what I currently have we have a 700k file. The last
engineering backup is working fine on site, so I don't think anybody has
got at the 'server', and the customer has already been told that we have
probably lost data :)

Really the question is probably. Is there any way to 'undelete' or will
the old records already have been wiped, ready to be reuse. Lame
question I know, but at the moment I still can't see how ALL the tables
would be blank - until I find something on the network that could have
done it ;)

--
Lester Caine