Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: carriage return, line feed
Author Dorin Pacurar
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:21:34 -0000, peter_jacobi.rm <peter_jacobi@...>
wrote:

> The Firebird API will happily accept the actual bytes 0x0d and 0x0a,
> it neither needs nor supports escaping. But it depends on your
> programming environment, how to input these bytes.
>
> Peter Jacobi

Thanks Peter,

In my app's (C++ and Delphi) all works fine (0x0d in C++ and #13#10 in
Delphi).
But I wanted to pass the control from the client side to server side. So I
decided that a trigger (AFTER UPDATE) will do the job right well. And it
did. But not so well (till now).
I need to log all the fields modified in one table like this:
Field1: <FieldName> = <OldValue> -> <NewValue>
Field2: <FieldName> = <OldValue> -> <NewValue>
I didn't know that in ib_udf is the ASCII_CODE function. But the problem
is solved now.

Thanks again
Dorin