Subject Re: Rroblem with 'group by'
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "uwekeim" wrote:
> we're switching from Paradox to Firebird. Unfortunately we must use
> dialect 1.

Hmm, why would anyone have to stick to dialect 1 when switching
database? My first thought was that this sounds like buying a new car,
but insisting on using the old tyres. Anyway, your problem doesn't
sound like a dialect problem.

> Now we have this problem:
>
> --->
>
> SELECT SOMETHING, colA*colB as PRICE
> FROM PRICES
> GROUP BY SOMETHING, colA*colB as PRICE
>
> <---
>
> does not work. I've tried several variations, but didn't find a
> solution.
>
> Is there any way to solve this problem?

Add a computed field to your table (or create a VIEW).

CREATE TABLE PRICES(colA..., colB..., PRICE COMPUTED BY (colA*colB)...

HTH,
Set