Subject Re: PSQL: Support for variables in ??
Author rbd523
Alex,

Thanks! It isn't giving the parsing errors now. :)

Can I still use the :var format in my EXECUTE STATEMENT input
string, like so? (I tried it and no bugs but I'm not sure if that
string input is parsed or not):
do_var =
'UPDATE surveyquestion
SET num_opt1 = num_opt1 + 1
WHERE memberid = :memberid
AND surveyid = :surveyid
AND idnum IN ' || opt1_answers;
EXECUTE STATEMENT do_var;

Also, note how I am terminating the line (with nothing :)...I'm used
to the

bla = "foo " \
"bar" \
"etc";

Kind of way, as it's more proper and explicit, but that doesn't
work...should I just terminate the line with a newline/CR like I did
in the UPDATE statement above?

Thanks,

Robby

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Alex Taylor <basswar@v...>