Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Connection invalid error
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:02 PM 12/07/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>I do have the source for the middle tier framework, I just don't like
>modifying vendor code for production usage. I did make a quick fix
>just for testing, setting the protocol to cpTCP_IP when a connection
>is created, but I still encounter this issue. I do see multiple
>connections to port 3050, so at least some parts are talking TCP. Are
>there any tools or commands I could run to try and track down where
>some of the "bad" connection types are coming from, or how many are
>active?

OK, we're getting a bit lost here in protocols and different usages of
"connection". As long as the middle tier is connecting to the *database*
with TCP/IP local loopback, you won't get the server reporting invalid
connections due to exceeding Windows network limits. In any case, Firebird
doesn't have an error message containing the string "connection invalid".

It is most likely your middle tier that is producing the "invalid
connection" errors because its clients are connecting to it via Windows XP
peer-to-peer and hitting that limit. Or, possibly, your middle-tier
software itself is licensed for a certain maximum number of user connections.

Helen