Subject Re: Re: SYSDBA password
Author Anand
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to create a separate user account into the Firebird database using API, i.e. through code. I guess it would be possible to do it using the gsec as a command-line utility, but is there a cleaner way?

Can I remove/disable the SYSDBA account and create a new administrator account, or maybe rename SYSDBA to something else, so as to hide the real username and password my application will use to connect to the Firebird database, and also to restrict access to the database?

Anand Kashelkar
India

----- Original Message -----
Message: 3
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:16:18 +0200
From: Lucas Franzen <luc@...>
Subject: Re: SYSDBA password

Francisco,

Francisco Antonio Vieira Souza schrieb:

> How can I change the SYSDBA password?

if you don't use a GUI tool (which all should have a FB user management)
you can use gsec in the Firebird\bin directory.

type
gsec -h
if you want to see all options.

If you want to change your SYSDBA password from masterkey to keymaster
enter:

gsec -user SYSDBA (login as SYSDBA, you have to!)
-password masterkey (current password)
-modify SYSDBA (modify user SYSDBA)
-pw keymaster (change password to keymaster)

HTH

Luc.