Subject Re: Using WIN1254 Firebird database with ColdFusion MX
Author esrefatak
Hi Peter,

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "peter_jacobi.rm"
<peter_jacobi@g...> wrote:
> Hi Esref,
> For a quick test I suggest, just switching to the FB1.5.1 release
> candidate at:
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/download/prerelease/1.5.1/
>
> Does everything magically starts working?
>
> Yes => Congrats!
>
> No => Find a way to set the connection character set in
> your software.

reply is "No".

> As Firebird never will look at your system's setting to set
> the connection charset.

I will search.

> If that still doesn't work, I strongly encourage you, to
> do tests in a simplfied setup, running all SQL scripts mimicking
> the real use with ISQL or some of the 3rd party tools.

I tried the ISQL tool:

SQL> CONNECT "E:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5
\examples\lekegel.fdb"
CON> user 'SYSDBA' password 'masterkey';
Database: "E:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5
\examples\lekegel.fdb", User:
SYSDBA
SQL> select AD from BANKA order by AD;

but, my problem is continue.
When i use "ORDER BY AD" the records are ordered with fault. It
orders the Turkish characters at the end of the ordered records.

That is; there is no problem in JDBC or ColdFusion?

> Regards,
> Peter Jacobi

Thank you for your interest,
Esref Atak