Subject Re: [firebird-support] fbclient.dll - synchronous or asynchronous?
Author Myles Wakeham
> On 09-Jul-2004 12:16:25, Ann W. Harrison wrote:
> but they can't both fetch at the same time.

Firstly let me say thanks again for your input on this. It will make a huge
difference to the time and frustration I will spend in going down the wrong
track. I'm really trying to do as much homework on this myself before
hitting the keyboard (what a novel idea!!!! :))

Anyway one last question.... Since it won't allow two concurrent 'fetches'
to run at the same time, does the fbclient.dll library manage this or is
that expected to be managed by the calling software? I can put a semaphore
up when a fetch is being done, to make sure that only one connection pool is
allowed to do this at any one time, but if this is handled automatically by
the fbclient.dll library, that would be great.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Myles

Myles Wakeham