Subject Re: Migrating database users from firebird 1.0 to firebird 1.5
Author Alexander V.Nevsky
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Xavier Solé <x.sole@i...> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We've upgraded from firebird 1.0 to firebird 1.5 under a Linux
server. My question is: which is the fastest way to migrate all the
users we have in isc4.gdb to the new security.fdb? Are both DB
interchangeable, or we have to do it via gsec?

Xavier, you can simply rename isc4. FB1 databases can without
problems be directly accessed by FB1.5 (loosing some new advantages).
If you make some metadata changes, database can't be accessed by FB1
further. Though personally I prefer to go by official way - backup
isc4 under FB1 and restore it as security.fdb under FB1.5.

Best regards,
Alexander.