Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Refusing connections
Author Tarak Patel
hey,

is it possible to manage multiple connection of firebird with delphi at a time within different database,in another word,can i handle more than 1 table within different database in firebird at a time....

Kindest Regard.....

Rafael Szuminski <raf1hh@...> wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:46:08 -0400, Mike Harbison <mharbison@...> wrote:
> Has anyone experienced a problem where Firebird refuses new connections?
> I have this sporadic problem where Firebird will not accept any new
> connections for 1-3 minutes. Those minutes seem like a eternity when
> business stops. The Firebird logs don't report any problems and nothing
> is generated in the event viewer.
>
> I am running Firebird 1.5 on a Windows 2000 Server (Cluster).
>
> I appreciate any feedback. The error I have is the following: (names
> have been altered)
>
> Message: Database Connection Failure, DB: xxx.GDB.
>
> Exception Error Message:
> Unable to complete network request to host "MACHINE".
> Failed to establish a connection.
> No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
> it.
>
> Thank you,
> Mike.

Check licensing type on the Win2K Install. I had similar issue on one
of our test machines, where somebody switched licensing type from open
to a fixed amount of 5 users. I believe you can find the tool to
switch this in Control Panel or Admin Tools

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT