Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [firebird-support] Broken pipe error (Kylix 3 + FB 1.5)]
Author Marcos Vinicius Dufloth
The workstation that is running your app must have same client version
that server. To install client, just copy the files: fbclient.dll or
libfbclient.so and firebird.msg and, for windows, gds32.dll (if your
client don't have option to change to fbclient.dll) and for linux, make
links to new lib (libfbclient.so). I mean that if you install on server
the 1.5 version, your client must be the same version, otherwise, this
error occur (at least with me). The windows version intaller has the
option to install client only.

*Marcos Vinicius Dufloth*
*Diretor de Tecnologia
**Cyber Informática Empresarial**