Subject Re: [firebird-support] Setting up Firebird
Author Peter Lee
Hi Allan,

You can use the interbase components that come with Delphi to access
firebird / interbase. A better solution would probably be to use the
ibobjects component set - http://www.ibobjects.com/. If you had Delphi 6,
you could also use dbExpress. The BDE is also an option, but I wouldn't
recommend it unless you are already using TTable and really don't want to
change...

Regards,

Peter Lee

At 2/07/2004 11:24 AM, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have a program written in Delphi 5 using DBISAM ver 3.27 and I want to
>change to Firebird.
>
>I have down loaded Firebird 1.5.0.4290 for win32 with the exe and source
>code.
>
>What I would like to know is how to get this loaded into Delphi 5 as a
>package like the Interbase package so I can place the Firebird components
>into my program. I have completely removed Interbase from my computer
>before trying to install Firebird.
>
>What part of the program do I use to create the tables for Delphi 5 in
>Firebird.
>
>Thank You
>
>Allan

>Yahoo! Groups Links

-
Peter Lee Mobile: +61 412 011 174 ptle@...
Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd. http://www.risingsoftware.com/
Publishers of 'Auralia' - Ear Training and 'Musition' - Theory Training
Ph: +61 3 9481 3320 FAX: +61 3 9481 3380 USA Freecall: 1 888 667 7839