Subject Re: [firebird-support] Licensing confusion
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 11:54 AM 3/31/2004, Barry wrote:
>I'm inquiring about the legalities involved in using Firebird and
>Firebird.NET provider in a commercial application. In both cases, I
>wish to distribute the unmodified binaries. The modified Mozilla
>license attached to Firebird seems pretty straightforward, but I'm
>more concerned with the legalities surrounding the LGPL license for
>the .NET provider. Even a lawyer friend of mine is confused. Would
>I be covered if I did the following...

Yes, I think you would be covered. The intention of the people who are
using LGPL in .NET is (apparently) to allow commercial applications to link
to their libraries and have a license compatible with GPL. Personally, I
share your confusion about LGPL, but I believe that the intentions of the
developers are consistent with your needs.

Regards,

Ann