Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Re: Connecting to another database from within a stored procedure (was "Upgrading a database")
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 31, 2004, 07:09, Carl Peto wrote:

> I'm not sure how to connect to another database from within a database in
> Firebird.

> It's a trick I was very familiar with in Oracle but have never learned how
> to do in Firebird. I'd be interested to find out.

Unfortunately, it's not possible with the existing versions.

It has been talked about for a future version(but which version still
remains to be seen/determined). And, the timeline of the
implementation might also depend if someone is willing to pay for, or
do, the development of this feature, sooner.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail