Subject RE: [firebird-support] Compiling Firebird 1.5 under Debian
Author Steffen Heil
Hi

Using debian it worked for me with package "vim" using the .tar.gz.

Regards,
Steffen

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Vos [mailto:fred.vos@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 8:07 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Compiling Firebird 1.5 under Debian

Hello,

Last week I tried to install Firebird 1.5 under Debian on an Intel Pentium
IV processor using the FirebirdSS-1.5.0.4290-0.i686.tar.gz file.
The install procedure requires the 'ex' program, so I installed 'elvis'.
During the install process the install process hung. Today I tried to
install using sources. I downloaded the .bz2-file, unpacked it and issued:

./autogen.sh --enable-superserver

and then:

make

this produced, by the way, a lot of warnings ("warning: cast from pointer to
integer of different size"). I'm using gcc/g++ 3.3.3.
Then I logged in as root and issued:

make install

Again it hangs. Elvis uses near to a 100% cpu-time.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem, for instance another 'ex'
clone under Debian that doesn't give this problem?

Thank you,

Fred Vos

Yahoo! Groups Links