Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Administration Gui
Author Michael Post
Hello,

thanks for all answers.

Milan Babuskov wrote:

>>Sorry, i mean a gui for a linux client on a linux server.
>>

>Currently, you have few viable options:
>
>1. use IBAccess (www.ibaccess.org)
>2. use ibWebAdmin (you also need apache and php)
>3. run some Windows tool with Wine
>
>We are developing tool for Linux, but it is still far from usable:
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/fbmanager

With IBAccess it runs. Don't know why the other tools not connect to my
firebird-daemon.

Now i have some probs to connect via Java to the firebird ;-)

Greets Michael

PS: Here the Java-Code:

---- Code ----

//load jdbc-driver
Class.forName
("org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver").newInstance(); <--- Here is the
error. Error-Message see above.
/*try {
//open db - connection
//Connection dbhandle =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost:onres.fdb",
"sysdba", "psYkomaN");
try {
//create Statement
//Statement stmt = dbhandle.createStatement();

//prepare query
//String query = "";

//execute query
//stmt.executeUpdate(query);
}
catch (Exception e){
//close database connection
//dbhandle.close();

new ErrorDialog(this.f, "Error", "Fehler 110:
Die Abfrage konnte nicht ausgeführt werden.");
}

}
catch(Exception e) {
//print ErrorDialog
new ErrorDialog(this.f, "Error", "Fehler 108:
Datenbankverbindung konnte nicht aufgebaut werden.");
}*/
}
catch (Exception e) {
//Print Error:JDBC-Driver-Load failed
new ErrorDialog(this.f, "Error", "Fehler 109:
JDBC-Treiber konnte nicht geladen werden.");
}

---- Error-Message ----

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/resource/ResourceException

I am very pleased, whether somebody can help me, otherwise i try it in
the java-mailinglist.

Thanks to all!

Greets Michael