Subject Re: [firebird-support] dbexpress driver for firebird 1.5
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 25, 2004, 09:24, Martijn Tonies wrote:

>> I think you should mention, on the download page, that it is a
>> limitation of the trial version, and that there is no such limitation
>> with the registered version. That kind of statement should eliminate
>> any confusion.

> Well, the filename ends with "trial" and the readme states:

> "Trial issues
> The trial version of the driver is restricted to 20 transactions or 20
> statements."

> That should give people a hint.

Not everybody DO read the readme or help file, unless they don't have
a clue what to do next(and that could even be after asking other
people). And, by stating the limitations on the download page, it
warns the person downloading the trial version about the limitations
before they download it.

> Besides, what's the fun in a dbExpress driver that doesn't do more
> than 20 transactions?

Good point!

--
Best regards,