Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Dinamic SQL queries
Author Martijn Tonies
Hi,

> Is there a limit in the number of lines in a stored procedure?

Upon creation, Stored Procedures are compiled into something
called BLR (Binary Language Representation). This is what
gets executed. It's not a matter of "how many lines", but a matter
of "how much BLR". There is a limit to the maximum amount
of BLR, I believe somewhere around 48Kb of BLR. But I can
be totally wrong on this.

You might want to break your procedure into small procedures
if you hit this limit, or to make your structure more clear anyway.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions