Subject Re: [firebird-support] Indexe's on Keys
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:00 AM 23/03/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Helen,
>
>H> (DESC is optional, of course. If you use it, any foreign keys that refer
>H> to it must be DESC also..
>
>this was rather surprising to read so I just tested. I doesn't seem this is a
>requirement here (WinXP, Fb1.5, dialect 3). Where's the error?

I haven't tested it either. That was the warning Nickolay gave me for the
release notes. I don't think there was any implication that it would cause
an error. Just that if your PK and your FK indexes are in opposite sort
orders, one index can't be used to find the other in joins, validation
searches, etc., so performance would be slowed.

/hb