Subject Re: [firebird-support] Problems with connections
Author Milan Babuskov
yolisqlmax wrote:
> I have a problem with my connection to my Firebird databases.
>
> I'm using Firebird 1.0.3 with Windows 2003. If I try to connect to
> firebird using IBManager 3.0, it takes 20 - 25 seconds to make the
> connection. After this, the queries are not as slow as the
> connection.
>
> Do you have any idea about what is happening? Do I have to configure
> something?

It's a known problem with Win2003. If you wish to use Firebird 1.x, you
can open a single connection at the server (for example with isql), and
keep it open all the time. It's an UGLY hack, but I don't know any other
workarounds beside that and installing other OS. I use Linux for servers
wherever I can, but some people just got their heads full with
"Windows2003 is the best server OS ever" crap at some M$ course, and
won't even talk about it.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net