Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Access to securitydatabase
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:16 AM 12/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi Daniel.
>
>Thanks for encouraging me to bring the subject to "Sourceforge
>Developer". But I don't see your name anyware around "Sourceforge".
>Whithout being unpolite: what authotity do you have. I don't want to
>keep the guys at "Sourceforge" from their well doing.

It's not a question of "authority" but one of courtesy. (and you *will*
see my name around Sourceforge. <g>) The firebird-devel list is not for
support questions - there they are unwanted "noise".

But a lot of talk goes on there about what features to implement and, at a
deeper technical level, how to implement it.

Anyone can lurk in firebird-devel and, if you have something to contribute
to the design talk, you have as much right as anyone else to have your say.

You need to be a member of the list to post questions. Send this mail to
subscribe:
<mailto:firebird-devel-request@...?subject=subscribe>

Another forum for architectural and requirements discussions is
firebird-architect
(<mailto:firebird-architect-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>). Topics tend to go
there to be batted around when they start to interfere with the more direct
implementation threads in devel. At present, with the release done, and
important decisions needing to be made for Firebird2, there is more room
for architectural threads.

/heLen