Subject Re: Even with NIC to NIC connection network request to host failed
Author Aage Johansen
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:12:18 +0000 (UTC), GOVINDKRISHNA wrote:
<<
I have been posting on and off about a network request to host error when
connection from Windows to Classic server running on
Linux.

Finally we tried this configuration

Linux Server - 2 NIC Cards.
Windows 2000 Desktop connecting to the server on one of the NIC cards
directly with a Patch cord which has some wires switched
around to make direct connection.
Other NIC card from Linux server connecting to switch.

The only thing I can think of is a problem with "events" and more than one
NIC - but this probably is of no significance to you.

Is all hardware checked out ok?

> Any ideas. The client is about to cancel my contract.

Sad.
I'm sorry that I cannot be of any help.

--
Aage J.