Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB 1.5 back compatibility
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:11 AM 7/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
>wrote:
>
> >that version of IB_SQL is too old for Fb 1.5
>
>I downloaded the new version.
>
>Could you give me a hint re what's wrong with IBO3 ?
>
>I have a few old applications to maintain: can I switch to FB 1.5
>while keeping IBO3 or should I stay with FB 1.0 ?

Unless you want to set OldParameterOrdering to true (for the whole server)
then you won't be safe with parameters in Fb 1.5 with any IBO version lower
than IBO 4.3. Also, IBO3 doesn't support SELECT FIRST m SKIP n. If you
can't upgrade IBO to v.4.3, you'd be best to stay with Fb 1.0.

>Also: is there any way I can use Interbase Windows ISQL with FB 1.5 ?

You could try running instclient and see whether you get a client that
WISQL understands. If you have to stick with an IB 5 client I'd think you
would have a LOT of problems.

/heLen