Subject Re: slow backup (fb 1.5 classic on linux)
Author Alexander V.Nevsky
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Paulius Pazera"
<paulius@g...> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> what could be wrong that db backup takes the same amount of time as
restore,
> which is almost 3 times slower than ib 6.0.2 classic on the same
box?

> ib602classic backup: ~20min
> ib602classic restore: ~54min (CPUs almost idle)
>
> fb15classic backup: ~50min
> fb15classic restore: ~59min

Looks strange. For me FB1.5 CS on Red Hat is ~1.5 faster on both
backup and restore than IB6 or FB1 and is ~35min/4hours on 8Gb
database. Large part of restore time is creation of 2500 indices. Is
this the same hardware? Can't say what can be wrong with filesystem.
Perhaps heavy garbaged database? In this case -g option on backup
should help.

Best regards,
Alexander.