Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Relgular Expression
Author Gustavo Moda (Yahoo)
Helen Borrie wrote:

>At 07:31 AM 5/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>

>>--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Gustavo Moda (Yahoo)" wrote:
>>

>>>Hello All,
>>>
>>>FIREBIRD 1.5 work with Regular Expression?
>>>If Yes, Does anyone know of links/refrences I use R.E. ?
>>>If No, Exists UDF?
>>>

>>What is a regular expression? Show us an example of what you want.
>>

>Set, I think he is talking about "regexes", or regular expressions, a
>long-time lexing and parsing system on Unix for processing smart
>search/replacement strings.

Hellen and set, thanks!

Yes Helen, I talk about 'regexes'. ;-)

>And I don't know of any UDF libraries that have implemented one, though the
>freeUDFLib has lexer and parser units and some doc that suggests someone
>had started to work on it...

I don't find any libraries that have implemented "regexes" on internet. :-(

And I need to locate registers that ignore the accents in strings (varchar, char, blob subtype text)!
Sample:
TABLE
-------
"Jose' Maria"

SELECT NAME FROM TABLE WHERE CAMPO = 'jose maria'.

I don't can find collate NO-ACCENT and NO-CASE for FB 1.5, and with "regex" solved my problem.

>/hb

Regards

Gustavo Moda