Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird crashing
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 4, 2004, 13:03, tickerboo2002 wrote:

> Hello

> I'm running FBv1.5 final SS on NT4sp6 with Win98 clients. Currently
> the database has 2 users and the database is < 500Kb

> I get errors in my client app saying that the connection to the
> database has been forceably closed. Looking in firebird log gives:

> HJCSSV02 (Server) Thu Mar 04 12:07:09 2004
> INET/inet_error: bind errno = 10048

> HJCSSV02 (Client) Thu Mar 04 12:07:10 2004
> C:\Program Files\Firebird15\bin\fbserver.exe: terminated abnormally
> (4294967295)

> HJCSSV02 (Client) Thu Mar 04 12:07:11 2004
> Guardian starting: C:\Program Files\Firebird15\bin\fbserver.exe

> As of yet, I've not noticed any pattern to the crashing.

> Any ideas what it could be, or what I could try?

The problem is related to the INET bind error. Here's the description
of error no. 10048:

[Start quote...]
INET_errno 10048: Address already in use.

Typically, only one usage of each socket address (protocol/IP
address/port) is permitted. This error occurs if an application
attempts to bind a socket to an IP address/port that has already been
used for an existing socket, or a socket that was not closed properly,
or one that is still in the process of closing. For server
applications that need to bind multiple sockets to the same port
number, consider using setsockopt (SO_REUSEADDR). Client applications
usually need not call bind at all—connect chooses an unused port
automatically. When bind is called with a wildcard address (involving
ADDR_ANY), a WSAEADDRINUSE error could be delayed until the specific
address is committed. This could happen with a call to another
function later, including connect, listen, WSAConnect, or WSAJoinLeaf.
[...end quote]

The error is returned by Windows Winsock. Are you using FB events with
your application? Is it possible that another server app is trying to
use the same resources as FB?

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail