Subject AW: [firebird-support] Re: how to run embedded firebird in a CD in readonly mode.
Author Thomas Rueger
Hello Helen,

i'm proud that i can give you some information back, for all the help from
you .... ;-)

Okay, how to run embedded from CD:

First:

I'm using Firebird RC 7, Visual Basic 6 SP 5 for www.adrimdg.de
For my user i made a Single Version with embedded and an intranet version
with Firebird Server ... works fine..

On my website i have a version for testing, but that wasn't my target,
because the user have to install.

Now i followed the thread and here is my solution (tested now under Windows
NT SP 4 and Windows 2k SP 3)

1:
changed the database with gfix -mode read_only -user sysdba -password
YourPassword to readonly

2:
Changed the connection string in Visual Basic to mode read_only too.

3:
Used only Select Statements, no generators or sp in my program/database

4:
Copy all the stuff on a CD and it works

Ciao Thomas

(Come from Germany, that's the reason for bad english, sorry)