Subject RE: [firebird-support] gfix params
Author Kevin Stanton
Thank you Ann. Does this create a report file/log for me to look at?
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann W. Harrison [mailto:aharrison@...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:11 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com; firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] gfix params

At 05:46 PM 3/3/2004, Kevin Stanton wrote:

>gfix -v -mend "e:\ib databases\luimber\lumber.gdb"
>
>I get incompatible switch combination.

Ah. First try gfix -v "e:\ib databases\luimber\lumber.gdb"

That will fix anything it can without danger of losing data. Then try
gfix -m "e:\ib databases\luimber\lumber.gdb". That will fix anything it
can, and may lose data. The combination -v -n does a validate without
changing anything. I always do that first, just to get an idea of the
severity of the problem.

Regards,

Ann