Subject Re[2]: [firebird-support] Firebird with satellite connexion...
Author Hannes Streicher
Guten Tag Milan Babuskov,

am Montag, 1. März 2004 um 17:49 schrieben Sie:

MB> Jonathan Neve wrote:
>>>Sends a little, and waits for response. Not very good for satelite link.
>>
>> Is there any way of changing this (somewhat), or any parameter to make
>> it better? I saw a parameter in firebird.conf regarding the buffer size
>> for communication. Would this help?

MB> I don't think it would improve it enough to be very usable. But I never
MB> tried it myself. Perhaps someone else can answer?

i do not have a satelite connection , but i am using a VPN to
administer some clients databases , over ADSL (768/128) with a ping
time of around 150 ms and this is annoyingly slow somewhere like 1
insert per second using ibexpert's script executive
or for example opening a database in DB Explorer (also IBexpert)
Local 2 Sec
Remote 57 Secs

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen