Subject Re: [firebird-support] Still having lockups / gds32.dll waiting for object
Author James Armstrong
I tried upgrading to 1.5 final because I was told there was a bug fixed
in RC9 that had to do with threads. I changed to TCPIP to see if it
would fix things because I was also told LOCAL connections were not the
way to go. It seemed to work ok until I started getting a lot of 'Unable
to read data from connection' messages. It seemed to get worse. We have
people using our program for some time and it only seems that this one
company started having problems when they moved to a new server running
Windows 2003, which goes along with the thread bug that was fixed. I was
told it was always there but made worse on XP and 2003. They are the
only company running on 2003.

- James