Subject AW: [firebird-support] Issues with embedded server and UDF
Author Alexander Gräf
I had some issues with UDF and embedded server too. Whats important is the following:

Your application, for example app.exe loads the fbembed.dll (or gds32.dll). When fbembed.dll evaluates where to find UDFs in, it wont look in the path where itself is located, but in the path where your app resides. The structure is the following (for example):

C:\FireBird\fbembed.dll
C:\MyProject\App.exe
C:\MyProject\Firebird.msg
C:\MyProject\UDF\ib_udf.dll

In this configuration, you dont even need a specialized .conf-File for allowing access to the UDF library.

Hope this helps
Alex

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rafael Szuminski [mailto:raf1hh@...]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. November 2004 02:11
An: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [firebird-support] Issues with embedded server and UDF

Hi,

I have run into an issue with the 1.5 embedded server that I unsuccessfully tried to solve for a couple of days now. Here is the
issue:

I get this message when trying to use any function from the FreeUDFLib

"invalid request BLR at offset 270
function F_LEFT is not defined
module name or entrypoint could not be found"

or this one if I try to use a function from ib_udf.dll:

"Access to UDF library "ib_udf.dll" is denied by server Administrator."

I get these errors with both IBexpert and when using the ODBC driver in my applciation. I tried the following permutations in firebird.conf to solve the issue:

UDFAccess = Restricted UDF
UDFAccess = Restricted c:\test\UDF
UDFAccess = Restricted \UDF
UDFAccess = Full

I also tried it with the following settings:
ExternalFileAccess=Full
and
RootDirectory=c:\test

Is there something special that needs to be done with the embedded server to get it to work? (I just downloaded the zip and extracted all files, afterwards I placed the FreeUDFlib.dll in the udf directory)

Any info on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rafael

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/67folB/TM