Subject RE: [firebird-support] strange problem with extract(month from "date")
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
At 17:38 28/01/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>Alexandre,
>
>[snip]
>
>I opened a thread on 26.06.2003 in firebird-devel with a subject
>"Possibly a bug: "Expression evaluation not supported" that matches
>exactly your test case. I repost here Claudio's last message about
>that issue. Don't know if his suggestion ever went into the code
>base.
>
><quote>
>Hi, Thomas. The data types involves don't matter, provided that you have a
>date/time field in the optional table and that you call extract() on this
>field.
>I managed to produce it with:
>...snip....

Hi Thomas,

This is exactly what happened....

I have look trough WhatsNew.txt and found a Correction made by Claudio
Valderrama
* Fixed bug SF #538201.
Crash with extract from null as date.
Contributor(s):
Claudio Varderrama <cvalde at usa.net>
But it is not waht is happening with me...
I take another look on source forge bug tracker and did not found anithing
relevant...

Did some googling with no sucess...

But as you said the fellow developers knows what is happening... So I think
this will be fixed when they have time and oportunity... I think before 1.5
final release... I have considered it a bug, but post it here to see if
someone have knowledge about it... And know some workaround...

Thank you for your time...

Alexandre Benson Smith
Development
THOR Software e Comercial Ltda.