Subject Re: Database corruption
Author Alexander V.Nevsky
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Miravet"
<tmiravet@n...> wrote:
> NETPLCGRADER (Server) Wed Jan 21 06:44:34 2004
> Database: C:\NETPLC\DATOS\GRADER.GDB
> internal gds software consistency check (cannot find record back
version
> (291))

Usually - server crash during garbage collection. As Alan said, FW
ON should help.

> Is it normal the two entries 'Guardian starting ...'??

If server crashed, Guardian restarted him. It is normal. Crash
itself - not. Check UDFs you use, usually critical exception in UDF is
the reason for server crash.

> Some days before there is also an error entry in the log:
INET/inet_error:
> read errno = 10054. Could this have something to do with the
corruption?

No. Client machine lost connection - 3 buttons salute and so on.

> 'Relation has 403 orphan backversions (48 in use) in table
MAINTCOUNT (128)'
> 'Chain for record 40 is broken in table ALARMS (135)'
> 'Data page 1831 (sequence 2) is confused in table ALARMS (135)'
> 'Page 1831 is an orphan'

Made by gfix during validation.

> Just another question, is there any special datum in database
statistics
> that could tell me that something is not OK?

Restorability of gbk is most reliable check.

--
Best regards,
Alexander.