Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB 1.5 RC6 linear slowdown
Author Rajesh Punjabi
Hi Martijn,

Martijn Tonies wrote:

>These are the transaction counters.

Thanks!

>Is this while the database is slow?

Yes and FB is slowing down even more as we speak. When we started out
with a clean Database, one request used to take 19 secs (as compared to
9 on MySQL). Now after 300 requests it takes 60 Secs. MySQL processed
5000 sequential requests with no visible degradation and oracle
processes the same number without degradation either.

>Many times when someone complains his app is slow, it's
>because there are long running transactions, causing
>lots of garbage/transaction information to be kept...

There are long running transactions...but the length of the transaction
is per request...so not more than a minute.

>If these counters are from a time while your db app is
>slowish, then this isn't the case...

One thing I did notice is that our application (or JBoss container)
acquires 100+ locks per request. I dont know if this is normal never
having used Firebird before.

Thanks
Rajesh