Subject Re: AW: [firebird-support] What does embedded mean?
Author Lucas Franzen
Hallo Thomas,

I think this one was intended to be mailed to me personally, not to the
group...

Since all he others read that too, I'll answer in english ;-)

Thomas Rüger schrieb:
> Hallo Luc,
> habe die gleichen Probleme mit den deutschen Umlauten und bis jetzt noch
> keine saubere Lösung gefunden.
>
> Ich selbst will/wollte mit VB6.0 SP 3 bzw. php und perl auf Embedded bzw.
> Server jeweils RC 1.6 zugreifen und
> immer bei den deutschen Umlauten gab und gibt es Probleme.

I just add the intl directory and the fbintl.dll to the app directory.
So the directory structure looks like:

C:\Programs\MyApp\MyApp.exe
C:\Programs\MyApp\MyDb.FDB
C:\Programs\MyApp\gd232.dll (or fbclient.dell)
C:\Programs\MyApp\intl\fbintl.dll

And everything's working okay afterwards.

I can use every Character Set (usually I do need jsut WIN1252 or ISO8859_1)

If you've got also a FB server installed and are not sure which dll will
be used you can switch the directory to your program directory in the
project create method..

Luc.