Subject RE: [firebird-support] Compile Stored Procedures?
Author Marc Geldon
Thanks to Martijn and Helen for their answers. That helps!

Best wishes,

Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Borrie [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: Fri 19.09.2003 15:05
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Compile Stored Procedures?

At 02:45 PM 19/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Is it possible to compile stored procedures?

Yes, stored procedures must be compiled.

>So that nobody can see the sourcecode?

You can remove the sourcecode once the procedure is compiled:

update rdb$procedures
set rdb$procedure_source = null
where rdb$procedure_name = 'SOME_NAME';

>Or do I have to use UDFs then. Please help!

SPs and UDFs don't do the same kinds of jobs. SPs do SQL and operate on
tables. UDFs are just functions and operate on constants.

heLen

Upgrade to 128-Bit SSL Security!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/p7cEmB/s7qGAA/yigFAA/67folB/TM