Subject Re: [firebird-support] Guardian Service
Author Milan Babuskov
Lester Caine wrote:
> It was mainly an 'NT' thing. You could not rely on NT so
> Guardian was born to fix an unreliability with Interbase on
> NT. As Artur says it is somewhat redundant for Firebird. I
> have not seen any restarts on most of my sites.

Not really redundant. Especially on development system.
I have some views that can crash the server on Create View statement, so
it a real PITA to restart the server everytime it happens.

If you have problems, using guardian still gives you information of
crash when it happens since the database connection is lost, and the
client has to reconnect (to a new server process).

--
Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net