Subject Re: [firebird-support] event is not received in Windows 2000 SP4
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:23 AM 8/09/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a situation like this:
>Server: Interbase 6.0 on Windows 2000 SP3
>client: Delphi 5, IBEvents 5.04 on Windows 2000 SP4
>
>The client does not receive any event triggered by the server.
>Other clients on another OS will receive the event fine. It only
>happen on Windows 2000 SP4.
>
>What can I do to make W2K SP4 to receive Interbase event?

It's quite unlikely that old IBEvents from Delphi 5 (1999) would be
depended on to work with the IB6-Win2K combination. The component was
written for IB 5.5 and there were bugs in both the software and the
component, that made it an unreliable combination. That version of
component was also an early beta. The developer of the IBX components
continued to have problems with events, even after IB 6.

This list isn't a Delphi forum...Best advice is to join the
borland.public.delphi.interbasexpress newsgroup at
news://forums.borland.com. Someone there will be able to tell you how to
download a more recent version if IBX and also whether there are any known
problems with IB events on Win2K and that buggy old IB 6.

heLen